Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Who needs Panera Bread? Homemade Tuna Melt with Avocado & Tomatoes

It was 1130am. I was craving a panini but feeling too lazy to drive out to the closest Panera. I rushed to the kitchen and started raiding my fridge and cabinets. A-HA! I found a can of tuna fish. One glance in the fridge and I knew I was set for an awesome lunch. I grabbed an avocado, a tomato and the bottle of Light Mayo and turned on the Panini maker. Luckily, I still had some homemade whole wheat bread I had baked with the Bread Maker the other day sitting around. A couple of slices and a dash of pepper later, I was settling on the couch with a hot crunchy panini oozing with yummy goodness and  a glass of raspberry lemonade.




Recipe 
1 can of tuna fish in vegetable oil
1 ripe avocado
4 slices of tomato
2 slices of your favorite bread
2 tbsps of light Mayo
a dash of pepper 
a pinch of salt
1 tsp of djon mustard 
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese

1. Drain the tuna from the oil. Add mayo, pepper salt and mustard and mix together. Set aside.
2. Turn on panini maker/oven
3. Assemble tuna, tomato and avocado and cheese in this order on a slice of bread. Top it off with another slice of bread.
4. Follow directions of your panini maker.
5. Sit down and enjoy! :)



So who says you need Panera? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment