Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Feeling Lazy? Baked Cream Corn and Chicken Rice (粟米肉粒饭)

 There are always days when we feel too tired and lazy to cook. On these days, a simple dish of comfort food won't hurt us. My idea of comfort food always comes from a chapter of my childhood in HK. I remember when our nanny Aleli (A-Lolli) would cook this for my sister and I when our parents were out on a date. The sweetness of creamed corn against chunks of chicken over rice while my sister and I watched Disney movie after movie never failed to satisfy my appetite.




Recipe for Baked Cream Corn and Chicken over Rice
3 pieces of bonless chicken thighgs (or breasts), cubed
2 cans of cream corn
half a bell pepper (diced)
half an onion (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (diced)
Jasmine Rice ( brown rice)

Marinade for chicken thighs:
3 tbls of soysauce
2 tabls of chinese cooking wine
half a tsp of salt
white pepper, dash
2 tbps of sugar
1 tbsp of corn starch

1. Marinate the cubed chicken in the marinade and leave in the fridge for 20-30 min.
2. Add some oil to the heated pan and add garlic.
3. When garlic is fragrant, add diced onion and fry on medium heat until slightly browned.
4. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 min.
5. Add bell peppers and cook. Taste and adjust with salt.
6. Add the two cans of cream corn and cook on medium-low heat for 5 min until slightly reduced.
7. Serve over white/brown rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment